All The Reasons Why You Should Try Mediation To Get Your Divorce Done
Divorce mediation is the process where we reach a divorce settlement without involving the court but with the assistance of a neutral third party. It is a process that usually saves you, your spouse, and your family thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars in legal fees and costs.
SOME OF THE MOST COMPELLING ADVANTAGES OF MEDIATION ARE:
- It can help you reach a conclusion to your dispute quickly.
- Reaching a settlement in mediation can help greatly cut down on your legal fees.
- Mediation is a way for you and the other party to create a custom-made agreement.
- Settling in mediation lets you and the other parent take your child’s individuality into account when deciding on a parenting schedule.
CONSIDER THESE KEY POINTS ON MEDIATION:
- The best approach to divorce mediation is to concentrate on communication between the parties and problem solving.
- Mediation is not therapy, but rather it is an opportunity to have an open and honest dialogue about the issues you need to resolve to get divorced.
- The mediator cannot and will not force the parties to settle.
- Your divorce mediator’s job is not to tell you how you should settle, but rather guide you and your spouse to an agreement.
- Mediation is completely private and confidential. This confidentiality is an essential part of the NJ Divorce Mediation process.
- You do not want a judge, who is a stranger to you and your spouse, to make decisions about your life or your children. By going to divorce mediation, you and your spouse have all the power to reach an agreement that you think is fair and reasonable.
Divorce is not a winning game. How you move through and forward after divorce is your choice! Make the best decision for you & your family and consider mediation to resolve your family law disputes. You deserve to be happy today.